Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ortho

J. usually works at home on Tuesdays but he worked at home yesterday since he has a 'business dinner' this evening in San Fran that he couldn't miss. That's no big change - and yet, it is. The cleaning crew comes today - and J. is the supreme 'tidying up for the cleaning crew' master...he did most of it yesterday, thank goodness.

We set most 'appointments' for the kids that still require schlepping (guess that should be 'kid' since only one requires schlepping and not for long!) on Tuesdays or Fridays since those are J.'s typical 'working at home' days. Lest you think he's taking advantage of his employer by schlepping kids on those days I say this: not hardly. The guy logs in at 6:30 am every morning and works until close to 7 most nights so it's hard to say they're not getting their money's worth.

So, H. has an orthodontist appointment this morning and that means I have to schlep him. Oh, you wonder why we don't ask B. to do it? You don't know B., do you? The path of least resistance is the current mantra around here and we LIVE by that mantra....so no, we did not and will not ask B. to schlep. B. actually had plans this morning and though they've fallen through, it's still not worth the wrath which would ensue. I know. We're being to 'easy' on him. But really, we're just being easiest on ourselves. It's not the wisest course of action in parental authority but it retains some semblance of harmony...and with the current levels of angst in this house (on all sides), it's for the best.

I was going to go in to work and then swing by here and pick H. up just after 8...but decided against that for some reason around 5:30 this morning. I've been piddling around the house, further tidying. Worked a bit outside but it's warming quickly and arriving at work all sweaty is not a good thing so I'm back to 'desk' stuff.

Will take H. and then cruise through the drive-thru SB for my morning teas. Drop him off in the driveway and head to my office. Big meeting this afternoon with our new superintendent. It will go fine...I hope.

J. will be home late so I will likely resort to frozen pizzas or 'fast food' for dinner this evening. I shouldn't....but I probably will.n

I hear H. readying himself for a departure in 5-10 minutes so I'd best sign off for now. No fun if I read him the riot act about 'get ready so we're not late' and then hold him up myself! Bad Majah. Bad.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...