Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fast Food

It's just me and H. tonight - B. is at work and J. is still at 'work'.

H. and I are both moving in 'slow motion' this evening. He is so tired, he can barely stay awake. I arrived home after letting him know I was on my way to pick him up to take him for a haircut. He fell asleep between my call and when I pulled into the driveway - and after 4 minutes of honking the horn and waiting for him to appear, I finally called him - and sure enough, he'd fallen asleep. He isn't feeling well....he says his stomach is 'queasy' and he just feels really, really tired. So I'm urging him to get upstairs and get to bed.

I will follow shortly. I've been 'out of sorts' all day - just not feeling 'good'. Could be just 'stuff' on my mind...could be just tired. My stomach is also a bit 'off' today - so perhaps we've got a mild something. In any event, I will head up to bed shortly - haven't heard from J. at all today (except a couple emails where we laughed about the S.C. governor hiking naked on the Appalachian trail). I don't know when J. will be home but he probably hasn't left the city left (it's just after 8) which means it will be 10ish. No way will I make it until then.

After the haircut, we planned to go to Baja Fresh - but instead, stayed in the shopping center we were in (instead of crossing the street to the center across the street) and went for drive thru, which was Mickey D's (McDonald's). It was good. Bad for us but good.

I don't know about you, but I'm relieved to see that TLC has put Jon & Kate Plus 8 on hiatus until August. Smart thing to do. People are pretty tired of the subject and ready to move on - so it's a good thing to take the cameras off the situation for awhile. It may really be ending the show - and I think that's actually the best thing to do at this point - just let the series stop. It ended badly, as anyone who's watched the show for any length of time (or at all, really) could figure out fairly quickly into the first viewed episode. It's just never been a good, healthy, happy family. So I think 'fading to black' would be the best option. It's only going to get uglier...and that's not something to have on film for your kids to see for the rest of their lives...not like they won't be able to still 'view' all this stuff someday - YouTube is forever and EVERYTHING is on YouTube these days. So those kids will always be able to 'watch' the disintegration of their family....why force cameras on them in the next months as it all (hopefully) gets sorted.

Had a meeting with my new boss today - went well. Really like him and think he's going to be fantastic and just what the district needs. Can't wait for him to be there everyday....starting on the 6th.

I'm wiped out and heading to bed. Hopefully, J. will call shortly to confirm he's on his way home and so I can let him know I'll be in bed before he gets home.

More tomorrow....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...