Saturday, November 27, 2010

That's It -

The damn lap top is acting up still/again! I'm done. I am buying a souped up laptop TODAY. I don't care how much it costs. Throwing our budget out the window. It's only money, right? There's a 42 inch flat screen TV sitting in it's box in our family room - if the boys in this family can have a new TV we could live without, technically, then the one girl in this family is going to have the one thing she really misses when it's acting up - her laptop. Period. End of story.

J. is working on backing up all our tax returns and financial records onto his desk top as a precaution. By tonight, I will hopefully be back to humming along with no issues. As I type, I'm terrified it's going to completely crash.....

We've put $360 into 'repairs' in the past couple months - for nothing. I'm starting to think computer geeks really don't know anything - they just try what they think will work and hope for the best.

Wish I had that $360 to put towards my new computer but oh well. Water under the bridge....

I've got to backup TurboTax files - later, friends. My life is on this PC and therefore, my life is moving to a new residence as soon as humanly possible.

See you on the flip side -

UPDATE: 9:58AM

Switching to Internet Explorer (instead of Firefox). There are a zillion postings re: 'blue screen of death when using Firefox'. Many different reasons possible. Could be memory. Could be overheating. So we'll see if using IE helps at all.

We are still shopping. And will be leaving for Costco shortly.....

I'm frugal. I wasn't born frugal. But I've acquired the desire to save, save, save. So if there's any way I can limp along on this PC, I'd rather.

But we'll see.....'cuz Mama's got to have her PC in tip-top working order at all times - or Mama's not very happy. And you know what they say. If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

:-)

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...