Friday, November 26, 2010

All Things British

Law & Order: UK on BBC America! It's two of my favorite things - Law & Order ([insert anything here] 'cuz I love them all) AND British accents! It doesn't get any better than this! Season after season and I've never watched any of them!! I'm so excited.

It even has the same 'du duh' chime as all the other Law & Orders!

It is a little odd to see the barristers (lawyers) and the judge wearing wigs in the court room. And the judge (who is a female in the current episode I'm watching) is referred to as 'my lady'. And the prosecution refers to themselves as 'the crown'. They all wear robes....and only the male barristers and the judge wear wigs. Wow - living in a monarchy a lot different, huh? But it's Law & Order episodes I've never seen! This is going to be fun!

We bought a new TV for the family room. Didn't really make sense to repair the old one when we could purchase a new flat screen of the same size for not much more than the repair bill. Hopefully, J. and the boys will wrestle the old one down out of the built in nook (which worries me 'cuz we barely were able to get it up in there and that was before J. developed shoulder problems) and put the new one up. I watched Gilmore Girls while cooking yesterday and it's just not the same with a bunch of red streaks going up and down the screen.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...