Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Of Night and Day

I came downstairs admittedly early this morning - even for me. 3:30AM. Yikes.... I have a full morning of meetings and still have to prep for those meetings. And I have massive things to accomplish this week and a full day meeting on Friday that shortens my week a bit. So there's much to do.

B. was on the couch in the family room watching TV - on the broken TV that needs $400 or so in repairs. It works but has the entire left side of the picture distorted with red vertical lines running through it. Some really expensive part required. It's only 6 years old. We're still debating. Probably buying a new TV. Or moving the one year old TV from upstairs down here and the kids can use their uncle's old TV for their video games. That's my preferred option because it doesn't involve any cash outflow. We'll see. So - back to the point of my story - B. was watching TV. He said 'what are you doing?'. I replied 'getting up - it's morning'. He finally got up and went to bed. I reminded him that when he's in the army this whole day is night and night is day thing won't work all that well - he'll be forced to sleep during the night like the rest of us. Which will be an adjustment for him since 3-4AM is his 'normal' bed time, especially on nights when he has no classes or work in the morning the next day. That won't always be the case.

It's election day and we're having a celebration tonight (hopefully). At the very least, we'll celebrate our considerable hard work in getting the measure on the ballot and campaigning for it the past few months. We're hopeful - but you never know. My boss confirmed I was planning to attend and I said I was - but I wasn't going to show up at 6....I'll wait and show up when the results start coming in around 8. So at this point, I'm seriously hoping to come home around 4ish and try to sleep an hour or so. I'll need it if I'm attempting to stay awake until 10 or 11 while the results come in.

The San Francisco Giants are the 2010 World Series Champions!! What an exciting, fun series. I really enjoyed it and admittedly, am not that big of a fan. But a Bay Area team being in the series ups the excitement factor considerably and it was fun getting insanely excited and happy when they won last night. It was really great....and from the postings on Facebook of friends in the city, apparently a tad noisy most of the night. Can't blame them - I was whooping it up pretty loudly - J. was impressed. I think next season, we'll try to attend a couple games. I still love the Oakland A's, but obviously, I'm a fair weather fan and rooting for any Bay Area team is always more fun than not rooting at all.

It's pitch black and cold outside. The dog is making 'yapping' noises in her sleep. Glad it's just a dream 'cuz I don't want to deal with her just yet. Too early for her 'routine'. Hoping I can get out of the house before getting her up is a 'must do'.

J. has one final day off today - cleaning out his closet is on his list. Wishing we had been able to be off together. Next weekend, we have a four day weekend and we're traipsing to Disneyland! I'm looking forward to it - except the part about sleeping in a hotel room with 3 guys. I will nap for sure just to keep my sleep deficit to a minimum.

Vote!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...