Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pain in the Neck

I'm using J.'s computer - convenient that he's at church and can't defend his turf. As if....he's good at sharing.

I dislike his computer for a variety of reasons - many previously documented here when my computer died the last time at the end of June.

But the thing that is the hardest for me is when I'm on 'his side' of the office, for some reason, I always get a 'crick' in my neck. I'm always feeling like I'm 'looking up' - which compared to my lap top, I guess is true - but I must position my neck in some weird way. It's only been an hour and my neck is killing me.

Showered, dressed, teeth brushed. Laptop ready to go to the repair shop. Heading out shortly. Son #2 is up and confirmed no visit from his Alameda friend. Apparently, she took issue with her mom making plans for her - which was pretty much H's reaction as well. So we were invited to a birthday party for her as well on Tuesday - we'll see if that invite actually materializes. Maybe I just need to plan with the mom for us adults to get together and forget the kids. Who needs them? Her parents are a lot of fun and they're from England - a constant stream of fun. The only thing (absolutely the ONLY THING) we have in common is having kids in rehab at the same time....at the same place. Still, they are interesting people and we can use all the 'adult' interaction we can find. So we'll see.

I'm sort of relieved.....not really 'in the mood' for company today.

OH - H. is taking a culinary class. His counselor decided it would be great - and 'your mom can help'. That's what I get for being too busy to attend his most recent status conference. I'd be absolutely fine with the plan - but wow, the syllabus is awe-inspiring. And getting a reluctant teen BOY to prepare appetizers, main courses, salad, vegetable side dishes AND watch cooking shows and write reviews AND read food articles and critique.....I just don't see that happening.

I'm making lists and he can hopefully get a lot done with me this week. Does teaching him to make hot dogs with cheese wrapped in crescent rolls count? That was one of my college year staples. Will that do?

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...