Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 is absolutely brilliant. Stunning. Phenomenal. Loved, loved, LOVED it and can't wait to see it again with the kids. I went alone 'cuz attempting to get them to commit at the same time is impossible. So if/when they decide they'd like to go, I'll happily see it again. It was so awesome that I had J. help me locate the book (it's been here in the study for a long time but of course, when I'm ready to read it, we couldn't find it - but J. located it in the guest room) so I can read it again, this time more slowly and without skipping to the end to see how it turns out.

The movie was 2 1/2 hours that flew by. Never even glanced at my time keeping device once. It was just action packed from the start and wonderfully done. 8 months will be a long time to wait for the final installment.

Today's agenda includes some last minute shopping - heading to the grocery store B. works at to purchase a few items for dinner - then he can turn in his receipt and attempt to win some prizes. Including the privilege of writing your own schedule the week of Christmas. Probably a bad thing for B. 'cuz he will most likely just not work - and he needs the $$.

I'll start some of the cooking today - get the pies done. Made cranberry sauce yesterday. Can brown the sausage for the stuffing today. Get some of the vegetables chopped. Roasting pan down from the rafters of the garage. Bread dough made for home made rolls (and cinnamon rolls or monkey bread for breakfast tomorrow, too).

My laptop is still in the shop. Holy crap! This is day four and I'm really suffering. My neck is killing me - seriously. It's like my entire spine is shifted into a weird configuration that is not compatible with the rest of me. My neck is so sore that turning over in bed was painful. Wow. I need my lap top back pronto! That must be some virus - it's taken the guy over 48 hours to clean it. And he is incredibly rude and once he's done fixing it this time, we'll be finding another shop to use.

Must go read more HP. Then shop and cook.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...