Monday, November 22, 2010

Brown Butter

H. and I are making Brown Butter Pumpkin Mac 'n Cheese for dinner. It will be yummy. We're doubling the recipe so it will also be a good exercise in math.

Lunch was fun. We caught up in just over an hour - which means my life is pretty mundane, even with all the drama this past year. Really - gave me pause to think 'so little makes up your existence that you can totally catch someone up in just over an hour'. Such is the mundane life of a working mom. Hoping our next lunch won't be so far from this one - we'll see. J., ball's in your court - so call or email. I know you are reading and I'm glad....

My laptop has a virus...which will be named at some point. I did have a bad experience downloading something awhile back - but Norton caught it and isolated it so I thought all was 'well'. Apparently not. Little gremlins have been wreaking havoc ever since, most likely. Thankfully, it's repairable....which is good and bad. Good 'cuz the laptop I want/need is not inexpensive and I really don't want to spend the $$ right now. Bad 'cuz....well, I'd absolutely love a new laptop.

The tech guy told J. 'her computer is really slow'. That's what they always say. There's a ton of 'stuff' on it - that's why.

Work was fine - and quick. In and out in just over three hours. Got done what I needed to get done and couldn't get out of there fast enough. Didn't want to be there, really - but glad I was. Haven't seen my boss since he was 39 (last Wednesday) and now that he's 40, it was good to check in....age takes it's toll, you know. (I can say that 'cuz I will always be a decade older than he is, no matter how mercilessly he gets teased about turning the big four-zero). We transacted the things we needed to transact - and I headed to run some errands and get to Pleasanton in time lunch.

Stopped at the HUGE Smart & Final in P-town and picked up the rest of the groceries needed for Thanksgiving. Other than pies (which I will get tomorrow to bake Wednesday), we're pretty good to go.

Off to the kitchen. Dog-a-rini is ready for her first course.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...