Friday, November 12, 2010

Pooh Corner

I made my way through the park - massively filled with zillions of people. Holiday weekends are so not the time to visit here but like others, we have to visit when we can wedge it in, I guess.

Used to be the Pooh Corner store was filled with all things Pooh. So many unique, special things and I've loved trekking there to find a treasure. Watches, pins, etc. Now, it's full of some things Pooh and other things Disney and some times you hit the jackpot and sometimes you don't. Today, I found a fuzzy dark brown jacket with Pooh and Piglet (very small) in the corner (over my heart). It's just what I wanted and was hoping to find - my Pooh sweatshirt is getting older and while I still wear it all the time, it's seen better days. Now there's something new to stay warm in. Also got a Pooh key chain with my actual name on it - which is rare 'cuz if you know me, my name is not that popular.

My pedometer logged a couple miles this morning. J. doesn't believe it - but I do.

I headed back to the hotel to drop off my packages. Decided to sneak in a teeny, tiny nap - and shortly after beginning to drift off, heard the boys coming in. They are both now snoring away - feet sore, tired bodies. Made me feel a teeny bit less 'old' to have them come back to the room and crash also. They waited in line for Star Tours for over an hour - only to have the ride be closed for 'technical difficulties'. Bummer.

We have reservations for a country all-you-can eat BBQ in Disneyland and then our 9PM World of Color show. We were in the first group to get fast passes - so while J.'s 'dead-set on a plan and executing said plan' is irritating at times, it does have it's perks. We had a wonderful breakfast at the Grand Californian restaurant at 10:30 - so we're holding out for dinner at 4:30. H. was so hungry, he ate a packet of nuts and dried fruit - and he detests nuts of any kind. I reminded him there is fresh bread and PB&J for a quick snack - he said 'too much work' and went to sleep. Hmmm. He's lazy about some things, I think. More on that theory later.

I'd better try to get them awake and vertical so we can trek to the Monorail in Downtown Disney and make our way back to the park. J. will be waiting -

We're having a great time -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...