Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sis

My sister has a new 'boyfriend'. I find that hard to type - not because he's not a great guy - he most definitely is. And she is certainly deserving of finding happiness. Of being loved. And that appears to be the case. But she is my older sister. And it's just odd waiting for updates on their most recent date. Opening my email account praying there's a recent note confirming all is still going swimmingly. And it most certainly appears to be. When a guy calls her sister just to tell the sister how much he loves the lady, I think that bodes well for a relationship.

The Sunday I left Arizona, K. and B. went to (yet another) lunch. They were still lunching a couple hours later when I called just to check in and said my flight was delayed. By all accounts, this was the lunch that 'sealed the deal'. B. told K. that he feels like he's in high school - and if he were in high school, he'd give her his class ring and ask her to go steady. The waitress thought they were such a cute couple, she brought balloons and confetti to their table. It was shortly after this date, their plan to 'take it slow' landed squarely on the bedroom floor...quite possibly a trail of things on the floor. And I couldn't be happier about that, either.

A few days after this Sunday date, I confessed to my sister that this was like my own private soap opera and I really wanted/needed more updates. She obliged.

They went to dinner a few nights after that lunch date. And B. got down on bended knee and presented K. with .......you know what's coming....yes, he gave her his high school class ring. Which he'd had to search his entire house to find. She accepted. And they are officially going steady.

I think the high school ring story is what I will use as a toast to the happy couple at their wedding. Oh, there's no date yet, and they're 'taking it slow'. But we all know how that will end up. Their version of slow isn't. And that's completely fine because when you've found love later in life, it makes it even sweeter and more sublime. They deserve much happiness and I won't be at all surprised to hear wedding bells sooner rather than later.

As long as my sister is happy, it's all good with me. She is deserving of being loved and taken care of and cared for. And she is so much fun and full of life and I think that's good for him, too.

So carry on, K. and B. Carry on. Who would have ever imagined K.'s first foray into Internet dating (thanks, Yahoo Personals) would have found a keeper so quickly! And he's definitely a keeper.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...