Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Banking

I am suspicious by nature. I question everything. I'm good at it. I used to manage attorneys so I know when I'm being BS'd and how to 'dig' and get to the 'core root' of issues. I take nothing at face value.

And it worries me considerably, as an average US citizen, when a major bank 'invests' $2B in the country's largest mortgage holder on the same day that same major bank borrowed $500M from the federal reserve bank.

I don't think a major bank needing to borrow cash should be investing in a mortgage company that's on the brink of disaster.

And I also wonder why it is that as soon as the investment in the mortgage company was announced, the 'article' on the online news regarding the bank borrowing from the Federal Reserve Bank mysteriously moved 'off the charts'. I refound it just now but had to look pretty hard for it.

Something's not right in our economy, folks. Seriously not right. And someone, somewhere, is making efforts to make that as 'not obvious' as possible so that people won't notice.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...