Sunday, December 23, 2012

Winter Break Observations

Random things....

  • If I procrastinate long enough about getting out and running various errands, it will inevitably rain (again), thus giving me the excuse I need to not go out.
  • If you purchase a skin cleaning 'gadget' and give yourself salon-quality facials every other day for a week, your skin is going to break out like crazy!  
    •  Hopefully two more weeks will result in beautifully clear, rejuvenated skin.
  •  The start to waking up to a very productive day is waking up.  I sleep later and later everyday.  Time to set an alarm for 7 or 8 'cuz I've been sleeping until 9 or 10 most days.  Ridiculous!  I rationalize that I must need the sleep - but 1/2 the day is over before I'm ready to even consider beginning whatever it is I planned to do.
  • I plan to be productive every single day - but then I just don't feel productive!  It's bad...but it's Winter Break and this is one of the rare breaks where I actually attempt to 'chill' more than not.  So chilling is what I am doing....
  • It's cold - very cold - which makes chilling easier.
  • FedEx delivered packages to us this morning - on a Sunday!  The guy told J. 'we are so behind - these are Friday packages I am delivering today'!  I think that's excellent service - paying their drivers extra to ensure deliveries as promised!  It was the case to our new iPad - which is great 'cuz I've been afraid of scratching it or something so have been very careful about using it.
  • B. is officially in his 'last week'.  That was per his Facebook update early this morning.  When I added 'at home. Last week at home' as a comment, he texted me to ask me to delete the comment.  I said 'it sounded like your last week alive or something'...but I deleted it per his request.  I think it's hitting him a bit 'hard' at the moment - and I don't know what to do to help him with that.  It's exciting and scary at the same time - and I know exactly how he feels 'cuz I feel the same about all of it....
  • Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!  Yikes.  I had better get upstairs to assist!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...