Saturday, December 29, 2012

Salvage





I know this is blurry....

We are cleaning out files like crazy...finally shredding the records on two cars we haven't owned in many, many years.

My mantra is 'behold the power of Google' - because there is so much information out there.  I Googled the VIN of my old car - the limited edition VW New Beetle that I owned in the early 2000's - and found the car was sold as 'salvage' in Missouri sometime in the summer of 2011.  A little sad to see it in a salvage sale group but things happen.  I know the young lady who's parents flew out from Oklahoma City to pick it up enjoyed driving it and I know she is OK.  I Googled her too and she's attending NYU.  Thank you, Google, for providing history.  I miss the little bug but with two then young boys it was the most impractical car purchase of my life.  I kept flowers in the vase and drove it way too fast way too many times - because that car flew and before you knew it, you were approaching speeds that no one should reach unless on a track.  It was a blast to drive it - and someday, maybe - I might own one again.  It was sporty and 'cute' and fit me...in so many ways.  It was a special car - and I still miss it.  I really do....

J. is making trips around town dropping off donations.  My culling continues and I feel ashamed at the amazing amount of crap I have acquired.  Seriously...I buy too much stuff - at least I used to.  I have a thing for finding 'the perfect pants' - and they very often are not.  Oh well.  Trying not to beat myself up about it and just cull them out and move on.  Saving them for 'when I lose [insert # here] pounds' is ridiculous and self-defeating and only makes me feel worse.  So out they go....

I talked to my boss yesterday very briefly.  I crafted an email to him about something that I thought he should know - and when the explanation exceeded three paragraphs, I sent him a text that said 'when you can, please call me'.  Which he promptly did.  Transacted what we needed to and wished each other happy new year and said our goodbyes for the last time in 2012.

B. is working on cleaning up his various areas of chaos.  It's a lot to get done and as always, he puts things off until the bitter end.  The end...of his time here...at least for now.  Do I think he will ever live here again?  No.  But who knows.

We will be adjusting our taxes for one less dependent in 2013 - and possibly two.  H. is looking to move out by the end of February.  Wow....down two dependents at the same time.  That's going to hurt a bit.

In more ways than fiscal.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...