Monday, December 17, 2012

Lake Camping

B. headed to Lake Amador very early this morning - he and 8 friends are camping for a few days.  It's his 'going away' party #1.  Last night, he packed up food and beer and camping gear.  A friend of his (a girl) spent the night here so she wouldn't have to drive here in the morning from her home about 40 minutes south of here.  I don't know where she slept but I'm pretty sure it was with B..  She arrived after we were in bed and left before we got up this morning so I haven't met her yet.

B. bought his own eggs for the trip - which I know 'cuz I used two of them for dinner prep.  I sort of wondered why there was a carton of a dozen eggs since we buy most of our eggs at Costco 2 dozen at a time.  I replaced the two eggs I used and he took a pound of bacon, too.  I am only too happy to pitch in for the festivities.

H. is working today.  I'm going to run some errands and stop in at my office just to update my to-do list and gather some stuff I can work on little by little at home.  I know - I shouldn't.  But if I don't update my to-do list now, when my last day of work is only a few days back, I will forget a jillion things that need attention - and I can't do that.  I have to keep stuff moving forward or I am doomed!  It will be uber-quiet and 'easy' (relatively speaking).  I need to make a trip to the pet store for provisions and Christmas gifts for the two critters.  It's tradition!

All of the kids Hallmark ornaments are strung on light strings hanging on the stair banisters.  I'm going to try to take some pics later so I can post them - they are a walk down memory lane for sure!  We used to pick out ornaments every year when the kids were younger....and J. found them and set them up.  It's fun to refresh on the kids interests in their little years - Star Wars was huge; Harry Potter, too!

I still have wrapping to do and need to get the 'master list' ready so my trusty assistant can get wrapping started.  And I need to get the scavenger hunt clues sketched out and plan the denominational envelopes.  It will be fun - it usually is.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...