Thursday, December 27, 2012

POA

Crossing things off the list of things to do - J. and B. successfully acquired a notarization for the Power of Attorney forms for B.'s investment accounts.  While B. is beginning to mention things like 'I might open an account at US Bank - I hear they have good deals for military personnel', he still wants us to be able to execute financial things on his behalf.  I reminded him that for the past few years, I have been his bookkeeper and assistant - paying his bills.  His Discover card is paid in full monthly and because of that, he is getting a gazillion applications for credit, including American Express - which I regularly shred for him without telling him about them.  He doesn't need more credit.  Especially if he's thinking of 'cutting the strings' to us and handling financial stuff on his own.  He's not great at that stuff but I realize he will never learn if he doesn't try - and it's time for him to fly.  I know.....

I'm already on all his bank accounts so we don't need POA for that - and if he decides to open a new account in Georgia, that's up to him.  

I worked in the kitchen today culling out stuff here and there while watching West Wing Season 1 episodes on the iPad while I worked.  I love that show and am enjoying re-watching and remembering such a great series.

Also worked a bit in various other rooms doing things that aren't all that visible but making some progress.  Little by little.  I found the DVD for the yoga I want to start doing - only turned out it's just the DVD's case - the disc is MIA.  I will find it later...I hope.

I had texts from a work friend and the best/funny thing was:  I had been thinking about writing her too...her boys are little and she wanted me to know she was thinking of me sending B. off soon.  And she sent a pic of her two little ones enjoying their new garbage truck toys Santa brought them - and I told her those much simpler times are the best.  It was good to reconnect.  I am scheduled off all of next week but told her I will probably work on Thursday and Friday - seems a fair trade for truly having not worked a lick in the past two weeks.  So we'll see. 

I don't feel too emotional about B. most of the time.  I am happy for him.  His excitement is building.  I gave him the toiletries we bought for him - and the combo lock he is to use to secure his 'stuff'.  We bought him a nice rolling 'pack' that fits in overhead easily to take his stuff in.  We are still unclear what will end up coming back to us - supposedly we send him with enough 'products' for a few days and then they go to the PX and stock up on their own. 

Made a coffee cake which B. said 'is the best coffee cake I've ever had'.  It was pretty good....can't take credit though 'cuz it was a Trader Joe's mix.

J. walked his furthest yet today - 3.61 miles!  He's amazing!  He also thought of a really cool Apple app and now I am begging and pleading with him to learn how to make it happen.  It would sell a gazillion copies and I could quit!  That would be lovely!  The first thing one needs to write code for apps is an Apple computer - so I told J. to go buy one pronto!  He thinks I am kidding - but I am so not!  Seriously - he has so many creative ideas - he needs to invest in learning the code to make them a reality!  (J. - I am not kidding - get us a Mac!).  We also are pretty close to deciding to get another iPad 'cuz we love it so much, we are already having 'scheduling' issues with who's using it when.  It is pretty darn cool.....  We are so spoiled...and blessed.

We turned on the heat and cocoon in the office downstairs with the door closed.  It's the room with the 'best' heat and when you close the door, it warms up quickly and stays warm.  We may end up sleeping in here in our old age - when we're too old to walk up the stairs and too cold to live in rooms that are drafty and huge.

I was up at 7:40ish this morning - 2nd morning in a row I was up 'early' (relatively speaking).  I could have easily gone back to sleep - but didn't.  Attempting to not sleep most of the morning.

J. is already putting Christmas stuff away - which will be great 'cuz I haven't been able to park in the garage since all the storage boxes came down from the rafters - and I miss parking in the garage.

New Years plans are up in the air - B. wants to have a bunch of friends over - I'm not sure about that.  I don't really want 10+ people here and many of them will end up spending the night 'cuz they can't party and drive.  So waking up to a houseful and then dealing with B. being picked up that day - I'm not sure that won't put me over the edge....

Getting close to dinner.  Leftover Christmas dinner?  Meatloaf?  Or pork chops?



No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...