Wednesday, December 26, 2012

That's an Order!

Hard to imagine that the young man who is upstairs begrudgingly (very...oh so very) attempting to tidy his room before departing his childhood home is the same young man who in one weeks time will be entering a career where being ordered around about virtually every little thing is the norm.  And yet, he will.  I resist the urge to blast him with 'are you kidding us?  I mean really, B., AGAIN?  We're going to get pissy with you AGAIN about cleaning your room?  Remember when we came pretty close to literally kicking you out of the house for failing to keep your personal space tidy'?

And one look at my desk will answer the question re: our standards are far from high....I'm expecting of him the same thing I expect of myself:  progress, not necessarily a miracle!

I'm fine with waiting until a week from now, though, 'cuz I will happily cull it for him once he's on the road.  We're just giving him a chance to do it himself so he can make decisions about what to Goodwill vs. toss, etc..  But trust me when I say:  this time next week, that room will be looking better - one way or another.

It's post-Christmas let down - though we are dressed and moving.  Waiting for the garbage trucks to come and pick up the recycle bin 'cuz we have so much more to put in.  It's another cold and blustery day - so it's hard to keep moving when the urge to snuggle and watch TV/movies.  My sister and her hubby sent us this amazing tea set and it's full of the most creative 'blends' of teas.  They are delicious!  So the urge to sip piping hot tea that tastes like desserts is strong!

The prime rib was amazing!  The best ever...slow roasted to perfection and then seared at the end for a crispy crust.  Like a restaurant.  I followed J.'s advice and cut my planned food into 1/2 what I thought I would make - fewer leftovers.  It was a great meal and a wonderful end to a fun day.

Poor H. returned to work this morning and given his text to me at 6:30AM, he was called in early so he left even earlier than planned when he went to bed last night.  Which was very late.  Poor kid.  I don't worry about him - he gets himself up and moving and tracks his own schedule far more easily than B. did - though in B.'s defense, his schedule varied considerably while H.'s varies rarely.

OK - off to continue breaking down boxes; putting things up and away....


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...