Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Happy Wednesday

It is the end of hump day - and the end of a very, very long week.  I wish more than I can say that I could write here about some of the stuff happening this week - but I can't.  Our district is in the news these days and it's incredibly hard....and horrible.  That's all I can say about it but you can Google to your heart's content and figure it out.  It's been a very hard week and the difficulties and challenges will continue....

We are watching Survivor and I just have to say that Abi is so much like a former co-worker a job or two ago that it's painful to watch.  The passive-aggressive, martyr, bitchiness is just such a reminder of days gone by - and how in the end, the co-worker ended up leaving the job and when she tried to come back (applying for various other roles at the campus), she was denied every single time.  Karma's a bitch and Abi hasn't figured that out yet.  Maybe she never will - likely she never will because narcissists often don't.  It's hard to watch and I can't believe they didn't vote her off tonight - but then taking her to Tribal would be better for the rest of them 'cuz she's not well liked.  Though this is Survivor and she may end up winning - that's what makes the game so fun to watch.

Only seven work days left until the big winter break and this weekend, it is looking like I actually may not need to work!  I am so excited about that!

I sent my youngest son a text this morning that said 'thank you for humoring me when I am being a Mama Crankypants'.  I have to give the kid credit for weathering my mercurial moods - he is far more patient than I would be if I was in his shoes.

B. and J. worked on cleaning out B.'s closet today.  I told B. 'please keep working on the room 'cuz I'm turning it into a sewing room when you leave'.  I'm not...but it was funny to hear him say 'where will I sleep'?  To which I replied 'on the couch where you often sleep now'.  Ha ha ha.  I crack myself up...

I announced to J. that this year, I want all (and I mean ALL) of the Christmas decorations out.  The nativity scene, the train around the base of the tree, the Santa that climbs up and down a ladder carrying lights, the snow globe that blows fake snow...you name it, it's going up!  And all the yard decor and lights.  Heck, we're on solar now (officially!) and even today when it rained for HOURS and HOURS we still generate electricity so I'm in the mood to splurge on electricity.

It rained so much today that I actually used an umbrella.  I borrowed from friends.  I usually just can't be bothered with them - they get caught in the wind and/or they are hard to get in and out of doors. But when it truly rained fairly heavy rain for hours and I'm running to meetings and trekking to the bathroom, it was helpful to not end up drenched.  My friends have really 'fun' umbrellas with fun, pretty, colorful designs - and mine (if I knew where it is which I don't) is a boring maroon.  So I'm going to find something fun (!) that will make avoiding getting soaked a better option than walking in with water running down my glasses from my drenched hair.  I plan a shopping trip this weekend to look for something cute.

B. is heading out all dressed up - he and a friend are going out 'with some girls'.  In addition to the million other 'regular' thoughts in my head (drive carefully; be aware of your surroundings; etc.) I think 'don't do something totally stupid 28 days before you are to ship out to basic training'.  He's pretty level headed (for the most part)...but I still worry.  I will always worry.

It's just after 8PM and I am still vertical and feel like I have a little 'oomph' left - so I am going to head upstairs to unpack boxes.  I love doing all my shopping on the Internet - it's easy, quick and fun!  Though I am looking forward to a trip to Target this weekend - maybe WalMart, too.  And possibly Trader Joe's 'cuz I'm out of my nut mixes and I am so busy at work that I pretty much eat nuts and berries day after day after day.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...