Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Crickety

With today being the first 'commitment free' day I've had this break, I decided last night to give my hip muscles a break - took a Flexeril.  Flexeril is a muscle relaxant - it gives my hips the 'loosening' they need to give me a night of pain-free sleep.  It's a blessing - but I don't take it very often because it makes me sleep forever and feel very groggy and 'out of sorts' the next day.  But on the eve of a day when the only thing I plan to do is piddle around the house, it seemed like a great idea.

We've been working on clearing out the guest room - 'my' room - and I say 'we' because J. has been a great help!  We moved out the chair and ottoman....I always dreamed of having a chair in a bedroom - seems so civilized.  But the truth is: it's been in there since shortly after we moved here and it's rarely used.  So now it's going to be rarely used in the master bedroom which is twice the size!

There's floor space available now for yoga mats and other exercise items and I have visions of doing yoga daily.  It stretches and pulls and helps things loosen up - and it also requires more strength than you think!

Sadly, though, while my hips feel GREAT this morning, there is a definite serious 'crick' in my neck.  I'm pretty sure it happened when I feel asleep watching TV - in a strange, odd position that is most definitely not good for sleeping.  It hurts like the dickens and I can only imagine how much it would hurt if I weren't still reasonably 'groggy' and 'loose' from the Flexeril.

So no yoga today.....maybe this evening.

J. went to lunch with a friend in Livermore.  I have successfully wrapped a couple things that require wrapping without my 'elf' around.  And I've worked on breaking down shipping boxes for the recycle bin.

We got our new iPad yesterday (from the solar company!) and it's fun.  Though we don't have a case for it yet and I'm nervous it will get all scratched up so I've pretty much been letting it sit here relatively untouched.  Dying to watch a movie or West Wing on it - but have no way to prop it up that won't risk it's pristine condition.  We've ordered a case and hope it will arrive soon!  Then we can use it with wild abandon.

As far as we know, B. is still camping - the rain here on Monday has gone and while it's very cold, it's not too wet.  Here.  Have no idea how it is at Lake Amador - it may be snowing there.  I think he's coming home today?  Or maybe one more night there arriving home tomorrow?  Not sure.  We will know when he shows up.

There are emails flying back and forth about something that needs attention - work related - and it frustrates me a bit that no matter how hard I try to disconnect, there is no true disconnecting.  I know that's the type of job I have...but sometimes I wish I could truly just 'check out'.  Maybe Cancun...hopefully.

Maybe a nap will help my sore neck?

1 comment:

Muscle Relaxers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...