Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ugly Sweater

Today is Ugly Holiday Sweater day at the office.  A 'new' addition to our annual celebration.  Have to hand it to our social committee - where do they come up with these things?  Anyway, it's a great excuse to wear a holiday themed Pooh sweatshirt to work...and I added an absolutely horrific Santa hat that plays the song "Shout!" when you push a button.  Oh, and the top of the hat (with the bell) moves back and forth.  50% off at Rite Aid and too ridiculous to resist.  Thankfully, we were able to redefine that any 'ugly' holiday attire would be OK - lest folks either not participate for lack of a sweater or spend a fortune acquiring one.  Did you know there are websites devoted to selling ugly sweaters?  There are.  Proof that the Internet has created so many opportunities and is truly connecting us all....

I considered wearing my pretty Christmas Tree blouse - but then someone suggested I could 'hot glue' ornaments on it.  I said 'I don't want to destroy it - I like that blouse'...thus making it too 'nice' to be even in the category of today's event.

And it's a board meeting day and showing up in a sweatshirt would be hugely not OK - so I have nice clothes on a hanger that I will change into this afternoon - in time for dinner.

I am reminding myself constantly that there is still much to do - still things to wedge in this week.  I'm on the downhill slope and the urge to slide into it by just putting stuff aside and letting some things wait until we're back after the break is ill-advised.  So I keep plowing through.  Begrudgingly but still getting a lot done.  Meetings throughout the week break up the tasks and social, fun things will help.  Holiday party on Thursday evening and I have no idea what to give as a White Elephant gift...

It's 40 degrees outside and sadly, my car is parked in the driveway 'cuz there is Christmas stuff and a mattress taking up my parking space IN the garage.  H. loves his new bed (yes, we gave it to him early 'cuz it's pretty dang hard to hide a California King mattress and because B. got to open his 'big' present early, too).

Time to defrost.....


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...