Saturday, August 04, 2012

Stumping

J. is out walking neighborhoods for the candidate he's campaigning for....it's great exercise with a larger purpose.  We can't get H. to register to vote 'cuz he says 'if I register to vote, I'll have to vote like you guys tell me to'.  No, not really....but if you register to vote - and you SHOULD register to vote because it's one of the most amazing privileges we have as Americans - you have to listen thoughtfully to the issues.  Including the perspective of those you live with.  It is his vote - and it should count towards whatever he believes is best - even if our votes end up cancelling each other out in some areas.  The 'we live in a very conservative town' is slopping over into our boys' perspectives as well - and that's OK.  They'll see the light someday.  I did.

As soon as I start brushing my teeth, Chloe heads for her kennel.  She knows that's the last thing I do before I head out the door.  When I retire, I'll be brushing my teeth because it's important to brush your teeth - wonder how long it will take her to figure out that I'm not leaving?  Of course, the likelihood of Chloe being alive in 10 years (or 13 or 15 depending) when I retire is slim.  Sad to think....so why do I?

Windows wide open today - mild temps and clouds this morning encouraged letting fresh air in.  I dislike the hermetically sealed environment of summer and can't wait for times to open up the place and let the fresh air waft through the house.

H. didn't wake up in time to work today.  I woke up at around 4:30 for a potty break and thought about waking him up - but I thought he might be sleeping in a bit since the Saturday commute is a lot less than a weekday commute...turned out his alarm didn't go off and neither did the alarm of his friend/car pool buddy.  Not sure about that....was it planned?  I hope not.  They both called in and since today's overtime wasn't mandatory, they hope they won't get a point for not showing up.  They have a point system.  7 points results in disciplinary action.  H. has no points so far - never late; shows up; works hard.  So hopefully it won't be a big deal.

Heading out for errands and work, etc.  Much to do.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...