Sunday, August 12, 2012

a la Playa!

Another major event this weekend is taking the plunge and purchasing our tickets for Playa del Carmen next summer.  On a whim, I checked in on reward booking - which is typically six months out - and found it to be 'open' and available.  My ticket was free using mileage - well, I had to pay some fees and I paid in advance for the 'more legroom' seating.  J. and I have aisle seats in the same row so we are still close together but can both get up and stretch.  J. didn't have quite enough miles and even if I'd moved what I had left to his account, he still wouldn't have had enough.  So we paid cash for his - but close to a year out, it was a decent price.  If H. decides to go with us, we will probably have enough miles to get a ticket for him using miles.  He's still non-committal and it was quite a 'breakthrough' for me to just say 'so it's tickets for two' and not worry about it anymore.  If he wants to go, great.  If he doesn't, that's OK too.  He can buy his own ticket when/if he decides to join us.  

J. and I are going for 11 nights at the end of June!  I am so looking forward to that time together.  I will be mailing the second (of three) payments for the condo rental in a month or so - and we once again reconfirmed that we feel fine with the smaller condo.  Would rather save $700 and use that towards 'adventures' this trip - 

We are also slightly toying with the idea of heading somewhere beachy and sunny in October - but not positive about that yet.  Maybe somewhere closer - to save on airfare.  Any ideas?  A beach and ocean are required - where the water is still warm enough to swim in October....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...