Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday! Friday! Friday!

Most folks are thrilled it's Friday - but those of us who have to work all weekend just say it with enthusiasm to generate some level of excitement.  Oh well.  It's been a long week...

I am late for work - since my goal was to be at my desk by 5AM and it's now 5:10 - but it was so worth it 'cuz chatting with my cousin in Arizona is one of my favorite Facebook activities....a great way to start the day!  Could chat for hours with her - thanks for the wonderful kick off on a particularly long day, S.!!

I really do have to go now.  It's really dark outside.  I've been up since 3.  I will be dead on my feet by noon but hopefully all the 'must do' things for board meeting prep, etc. will be accomplished by then and I can work on some smaller things before heading home.  Likely in bed by 8 tonight given the hour of my awakening....

I have made so much progress in my work office makeover that it feels so much 'lighter' in my psyche.  I'm back to feeling like I can accomplish ANYTHING!  (which is true for all of us - we can accomplish anything we put our minds to...it's just sometimes the inertia component of that feeling is harder to find).  Has been for me lately but I feel renewed - a new school year starting; much to do; many goals; projects small, medium, large, huge, gargantuan and ginormous on the horizon....and they are all do-able.  One little cog in the wheel at a time....it shall all be done.

And a shout out to my husband who has added a walking routine to his daily mix of stuff he does around here.  He's using the Nike+ iPhone app (suggested by my boss) which tracks where he walks and logs the mileage.  You can set it to be time based or distance based.  He's loving it.

The damn cat is attempting to break through the kiddie gate that keeps the dog contained to the family room - I will go open it for him and five seconds from now, he will meander over to the area in the kitchen where he can jump down back into the family room.  Repeat dozens of times every single morning.....argh!

OK - it's FRIDAY!!!   Pizza tonight!!  Too hot to cook!!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...