Sunday, August 19, 2012

Drama...Tension....Stress

H. is bringing home good money these days.  On average, his checks are double what B. brings home - which makes total sense because H. is working full time.  Sometimes more than full time.

The first month of this new found income was (we thought) his honeymoon period - the money came in and it quickly went out.  Sometimes he'd have new tees to show for it.  Or a new lip ring.  But more often than not, he'd have nothing to show for it - but empty energy drink cans and gas in his car.

It's been very stressful for me to adjust to him having readily available cash and frankly, it's not going well.

I realized around the end of that first month that he'd started smoking cigarettes again - which I disdain and which I wish he would not do.  But the friends he hangs out with mostly all smoke and I think it's hard for him to chill with people who smoke - and not smoke.  So he's started buying cigarettes again and those are expensive.  That explains part of the 'where is all the money going?'.

But there are still many holes unexplained and I sit here this morning with my stomach in knots feeling sick - because the kid just went through an astronomical amount of cash in the past two days - with nothing to show for it.

Add to that his depositing his paycheck into savings and then using his debit card for cash withdrawals, etc. - and he overdrew his checking FOUR TIMES in the past 48 hours - at $12.50 a pop.  So $50 in fees out the door because he can't keep track of which account he put his money into.  I know he's trying to save more - but putting his paycheck in savings and then spending out of checking (which is the account his debit card is connected to) isn't going to work.

I doubt he's doing things he shouldn't be doing because the consequences for doing them are pretty severe - but I told J. to explain to H. that going through that kind of cash in two days is something that raises my mom radar to astronomical levels - and I don't think I can do this anymore.  So if he's going to burn through cash like that, I think he needs to move out - and he can deal with his banking issues on his own.

And clearly, saving for a deposit on an apartment (with friends) and planning to be on his own isn't in the plan either - 'cuz he goes through most of his weekly money every single week.  The honeymoon is lasting FOREVER with this kid....

J. is going to talk to him today.  I can't.  I will be a raving lunatic mama and the poor kid doesn't deserve that.

Heading to work via McDonald's for pancakes.  I know....it's horribly bad for me - but I need the energy.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...