Friday, August 31, 2012

Rising

First, a shout out to my cousin S. who became a 'follower'.  Thanks for reading and I love your blog so please keep writing and posting pics of those adorable girls....

Now for a public service announcement:

I went to the doctor - a pre-appointment for the throat/stomach scope I'm having done in a couple weeks.  Had it done last year around the same time and the doctor removed stomach polyps (benign) so that automatically qualifies me for a re-do a year later.

My blood pressure was up - not shockingly high - but higher than usual and I asked the nurse 'that top number seems a bit high' and she said 'yes, a bit'.

And I said 'well, I just got a couple emails that are sort of stressing me out so that's probably it'.

Nothing like working diligently to be done with year-end and then find out that it's possible some construction expenses are categorized in the wrong place - and if I don't fix that by early tomorrow morning, they will be in the wrong place forever.  According to our architect, that would not be a good thing - so they are scrambling to confirm where/when/if they billed us those expenses so I can figure out where they need to be coded to and get them there pronto!

So yes - at the end of 19 straight days and another long week to go, I was a wee bit stressed to hear that and I think that's why my top number was slightly high.

On a good note, I am determined to take off a day this weekend.  Out of three days, there will be one day - 12 hours - that I will not work.  J. and I are planning to run some errands and use our Groupon for lunch at Fresh Choice in Modesto.  That time away, shopping at Target and lunch will be a nice break.

And there will be sleeping in for three full days - at least somewhat sleeping in.  No alarm -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...