Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cool Food

It's so hot, I couldn't bring myself to cook anything too complicated last night. Thankfully, I watched The Pioneer Woman Saturday morning and she made Ranch Chicken Sandwiches. They were delicious - and I didn't even use Ranch dressing! Easy and quick and a crowd pleaser! Definitely another meal to add to the 'it's too hot to cook' menu list.

We cooked extra bacon and can have BLT's for lunch tomorrow.

J. noted that I left out two words in my Les Mis post:  I should have amended the sentence 'so I decided to torture myself and him by letting him drive'....so there - I've done that.  Moving on....

We gave Chloe her monthly heartworm preventative and for the second month in a row she lost bowel control within a half hour.  I pulled out the box and noted that it's not only a monthly heartworm preventative - it's also a treatment for intestinal parasites - which she does not have!  What kind of vet prescribes something not needed?  The kind of vet we don't go to anymore - the 'old' vet prescribed this medication awhile back.  We will be consulting the new vet tomorrow to get back on the preventative only prescription.  Poor baby.  She looks forward to that tasty treat every month only now she's curled up in a ball, humiliated and most likely horribly nauseous just trying to hold it all together.

Brooks called yesterday to say his store was having a special - buy $7 worth of meat and you'd get free beer.  So I gave him the OK - and he said 'can I get some steaks for dinner tomorrow?'  So he did - $27 of rib-eyes for tonight.  We spent $20 'extra' for $6 worth of beer.  Oh well.  I've been planning steaks for dinner one night so tonight it will be!

I just put Chloe outside - she's pooping everywhere....J. is playing music at church today.....so it's just me on poop duty.  I feel bad for her but she's going to have to stay outside until she's 'done'. Thankfully, it's in the low 70's so far so she should be OK for an hour or two.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...