Monday, September 27, 2010

Humming

I took today off - unplanned. We had our meeting with H.'s education counselor...it went well. But it just sort of put me over the edge on the exhaustion/stress/I want to go back to bed scale - so I took the whole day off. Piddled around the house and took a nap...which I really needed because I truly slept about an hour last night. I felt exhausted - and that was even with sleeping in until after 6.

On one of my trips outside with the dog, I noticed this little gal. She waited patiently for me while I went in and got the camera...and she sat patiently while I snapped a couple shots. We've just pruned this tree back a bit and those teeny, tiny twigs that are sticking out are perfect for these little sweet birds. It was hot today and I think she was looking for shade.

I know she's hard to see - but she's directly in the center.....

She was very calm and patient. She was a good example.....

She obviously doesn't have teenagers.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...