Friday, September 03, 2010

Camping

No, not me....I've never been a fan of sleeping on air mattresses....or cooking with propane on a camp stove. My idea of camping is Holiday Inn Express....

J. and H. are headed to Ft. Bragg this weekend for a spiritual retreat. I'm proud of H. for wanting to go and proud of J. for wanting to go with him. It will be a nice time for them to chill and relax with friends H. is making on his journey. It's a really nice group of people and they have been hugely welcoming to both of them - it should be a nice weekend trip.

B. is heading out to the gym and work - won't see him until morning. He has an assignment to clean his room by 8PM tomorrow or else.....so we'll see how that goes. The 'or else' is quite extreme and since he just reassured me that he is aware of the deadline and intends to meet the expectations presented, I won't go into the details here. He's been a total putz the past week or so but appears to be snapping out of his funk. We'll see. He got a speeding ticket day before yesterday and it's quite possible our insurance will be canceling him...so we'll see about that, too. If that happens, there will be major changes afloat around here.

I am enjoying a rare day off - and a four day weekend. Some work to do (brought it home) but nice to just veg for a couple days. I tried to sleep in - but since I fell asleep around 8:45ish while watching a taped Ace of Cakes episode - I got up at 5:30 this morning. Still felt good 'cuz that's at least 3 hours more sleep than I usually get.

It's looking like it will be a beautiful weekend - and three more days stretch ahead enticingly. Reading, sleeping, piddling around the house, errands, maybe a little shopping and possibly a movie. The possibilities are endless! It's just nice to have some 'alone' time. I miss J. and H. already - but I do enjoy my 'down' time on my own.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...