Monday, September 20, 2010

Food-less

I started Weight Watchers (again) today.

I am starving. And worse, I finished my 'lunch' at 11AM and only had 1/2 point left FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. Guess I'll be dipping into my 'reserve' points (which I usually try to save for weekend splurges). Oh, and seriously modifying my breakfast/lunch selections to provide more food for far fewer points. The yogurt I love is way too many points, so it's back to Yoplait. Not as high in protein - but also less fattening. I could eat two Yoplaits for the one serving I'm having of my current yogurt - so out it goes.

On a good note, I do love how very easy it is to realize that I have been seriously over eating.

It will be a hard few days. I have a headache (lack of sugar? Hungry? Realizing that I'm never going to eat the same again and it's giving me a pounding headache? Any of the above? All of the above?).

I left work after a 3/4 day - prearranged this morning, before I knew I was starving, had a headache and had no points left for the rest of the day. Had to run some errands that I didn't get to this weekend....and I have a night time work related commitment that will keep me out of the house until close to 9. Crap. Why do I do these things? I need to learn to say 'sorry, but I can't.'

Hopefully, a short day tomorrow, too...3/4 again. And then off on Friday. I was going to take most of next week off - but everyone else is off - which means I have to be there. Oh well. I'll get a lot done with very few meetings next week.

The house is quiet. Kid #1 at work; kid #2 at a friends house. Dog sound asleep in the sun on the floor near me. She's on her side, doing her 'dead dog' pose.

She's breathing. I keep checking.

I'm going to get a carrot. Sorry for this absolutely most-boring post.....I am not giving in this time. I know I need to eat differently - and I have the tools at my disposal to do better.

I am going to do something 'physical' to eke out a couple activity points so I can eat some protein tonight.....does baking banana bread (which I won't eat, of course, 'cuz it's too many points) count as physical activity?

OH, I'm saved - I ran errands. Including schlepping two 20 pound boxes of cat litter, a 10 pound bag of cat food, 3 small cases of canned cat food and various other bird stuff into the cart, onto the counter to pay, back into the cart, into the car, and then out of the car and into the house. And now I have to schlep it upstairs - and put it all away....so that's at least one point. Maybe?

I'm rationalizing, aren't I?

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...