Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Brownies

I baked brownies this evening - a rare treat. I had planned to use the overly ripe bananas and bake banana bread, but the bananas mysteriously disappeared when I left the house to go to work for a bit. SO, my urge to bake led me to brownies - a 100% guaranteed 'get a hug from your kids' treat.

I asked J. if we had any chocolate sauce - and he said 'are you pregnant'? No....of course not. Holy crap - what a thought! But I am craving gooey chocolaty stuff lately - especially when I know brownies are served soon.

He created the most delicious dessert - and I'm sort of feeling bad that I didn't take a picture of it before I demolished it. It was a warm, but chewy brownie, with chocolate sauce AND marshmallow sauce on top. The chocolate sauce had been used to write my monogram on the top - a big capital "M".

I oooh'd and aaah'd appropriately (and sincerely - Thanks, Sweets) and then devoured it! With a 1/2 glass of non-fat milk.

Great way to end a 4 day weekend. Got 'prepared' for a very busy week today and will be super swamped this week. The short week adds too much to already full days - especially with deadlines looming and a Board meeting next week. Oh well - it was worth it - the long weekend was a good one and I feel ready to conquer the world. Sleep is a wonderful thing. Multiple good nights of sleep and no alarm clock are just what I needed.

I also enjoyed lunch with my friend J. yesterday - at Black Angus. Always great to spend time with her!

Cooler weather is definitely here and we're loving it. We've pulled out our long sleeve t-shirts and sweaters; put duvets and comforters on the beds. It's nice to be all snugly. Fires in the fireplaces soon!

Only 8 work days until I have a week off at Thanksgiving. I will likely be working a day or two of that 9 day break - but that's OK. After we're back from Thanksgiving, I only have 10 work days before being off for THREE WEEKS!!! YIPPEEE!!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...