Tuesday, November 25, 2008

500th

This is my 500th post! And because of that auspicious occasion, I will be focusing on things that are hugely, monumentally important. ......

Plumbing. Yes, plumbing.

I should be in my office around this time, working away. But instead, I am sticking close to home, awaiting the arrival of a plumber.

Remember the story about the van? How I was sure it 'felt' different and 'sounded' different - and J. sort of said 'I don't hear anything'. Not sort of, really. That's exactly what he said - shortly before my transmission failed miserably, leaving me stranded in French Camp and requiring a tow.

This is sort of like that. The downstairs toilet has been 'sounding' funny for a couple days when it's flushed. It's still flushing fine - no issue. No issue with any other toilet in the house, either. But today - as we prepare for Thanksgiving and the cleaning crew who are arriving any minute - the noise is unmistakeably BAD. No other word is appropriate - there is something majorly wrong in the pipes in the wall. Sounds really bad in there. And because a friend at work just told me how her sewer has backed up into her home FOUR TIMES since they've lived there, I'm a bit nervous....so I've summoned a plumber. Which means instead of heading into my office, I'm piddling around the house - resisting the urge to clean frantically - because I am paying someone to do that for me in about an hour.

500th post....wow, it's a doozy. I should be all profound and sentimental, but you get what you get - plumbing.

Here's to another 500 - and to not having the bill be more than I can manage from our checking account...still 3 days from payday.

Thanks for reading, whoever you are (and you know I know who you are). I love writing. I love being able to look back and remember things as I've memorialized them. I love having a place to say what I think and feel - to work out things as I'm typing away. I love that this blog will outlive me. I love that I'm going to get to write all the funny things my grand kids do and say, which will help soften the reality that I didn't do much of that for my own kids. And I wish I had been blogging when they were little 'cuz they did and said some hysterical stuff. Though it's all just a dim memory these days.

Come back soon! Love having you stop by! Thanks for being my sounding board!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...