Friday, May 02, 2008

Await

I am typing this post with hot rollers in my hair, in a hotel room in Sparks, NV. Awaiting the delivery of an iron and ironing board to my room. No, there is not one in my closet. I was asked twice - and I'd already checked since that IS the logical place you look for an iron. So I should be showering but since I'm waiting (going on 35 minutes now) I will have to freshen up ala washcloth and soap. The outfit I'm wearing will be 'ok' without a touch up - but it is a bit wrinkled 'cuz I never imagined I wouldn't have an iron. So we'll see.

The drive up was pretty -still snow on the ground. I drove J's car to save gas - and enjoyed my iPod until it died. Will charge it tonight for the drive home tomorrow. I will head home early in the morning 'cuz I need some 'home time' this weekend. And because I have a gazillion things to do that are work related and I'd rather work at home.

Had a long, great conversation with Bug yesterday and we were able to clarify a lot of things. She always helps me think things through but she was exceptionally helpful yesterday and I owe her for her ability to bring clarity to my muddled mind. It's youth, I think. That, and she's just genuinely sweet and open and honest and really, truly cares about me as a friend - as I do about her. It was a much needed 'clearing of the air' and I feel 1000 times 'better' than I have for the past few weeks.

Tonight we are celebrating an award given to my boss and another award given to a co-worker. It's a nice way to show our support and will hopefully be fun. I haven't been to Reno in a really long time - the last time J. and I were here, we conceived H. And I think I came up alone for a weekend for a Beanie Baby event when the kids were little. But haven't been up here in a very long time. The drive was longer than I remember. And I'm more 'nervous' than I was then - the steep downgrades unnerve me - or maybe it's the other driver's not slowing down, not backing off, etc. It was a bit stressful and I'm not looking forward to heading down the hill tomorrow. Check Spelling

I always think of things to write and now can't remember a bloomin' thing. So I'll post again later when I recall all the things I was thinking about on the way here.

Bye for now. I brought my travel curlers with me which means I have to curl 1/2 my head, then let them heat up again and curl the other half. Good times.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...