Friday, May 30, 2008

Sex

Now that I have your attention.....

I made it to the 3:10 showing of Sex and the City - and it was fantastic! I loved every single minute of it - and it's long at 148 minutes. I won't spill any secrets except this one - and I tell you this only because it doesn't affect the story and it might help you enjoy the movie more: no one dies.

I spent most of the movie waiting for the 'sad' part - the one that's been hinted about in the press. But I can assure you there is no death. So just sit back and enjoy the movie. It was terrific. I know I loved it so much because I love Sarah Jessica Parker and I love the show. If you've never watched the show, I don't think you'll be as 'invested' in the characters - and loving them is why it's so great. But it's an enjoyable story even if you have never seen the show.

I am officially graduated from my CBO class and have my certificate of completion. 206 hours of instruction over 18 months. It was a great program and I was very, VERY fortunate to be in the first cohort group. Our group was fantastic! and I've made friends and a lot of contacts that have already helped me so much.

I am working all weekend and while I am completely fine with it, it's Friday evening, I'm tired and wishing I didn't 'have to'. But, I do. So I'm not going to complain about it - I'm going to sleep in until I wake up on my own and get up and go in. Won't linger too long at home 'cuz that just makes 'working on the weekend' that much harder. Another couple weeks of this and we'll I'll be on the down hill slope towards a couple weeks off. I am looking forward to those weeks a lot.

The kids are officially out of school - they are out and about, celebrating the end. H. survived his freshman year and B. is now officially a senior. Yikes. We have no plans - just enjoying the pool and staying home. Gas is over $4/gallon now and even with the hybrid, we're not doing a lot of driving unless we have to.

This is a short, boring post but I'm tired and don't have much new to report. I hope you have a great weekend. I'll be working non-stop. Back next week with an update on how far I got on the giant things I have to get ready for our next Board meeting.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...