Sunday, May 18, 2008

Skipping

Missing church this morning. I am heading to a Lions brunch - we are installing our new club officers. After that, I'll go into work for the afternoon. I'll cruise to Starbucks for two iced teas and then go straight to work - 'cuz if I stop at home, I'll want to hit the pool (now 83 degrees) instead of heading into my office. I am in Yolo County tomorrow for a class (THE LAST YOLO CLASS!!) I will miss the lovely town of Woodland but NOT miss the two hour drive each way. Only one more class to go on the 30th of May and my CBO classes will be OVER. YEAH ME!
Tuesday is jammed with meetings so I need an office day today to get things done. Most people are taking off next Friday for a 4 day weekend and while I'd love to do that, it's not likely. But we'll see. If I work today and spend some long(er) days there this week, it might be possible to at least take off 1/2 day Friday. And the funny thing is: it's likely I won't even really take off the Monday holiday. Have a budget to get to the Board in June and things just changed considerably with the issuing of the May Revise. So I have plenty, PLENTY to do and a limited, finite number of days to get it all done.

J. is getting ready to do the Costco shop alone and he'll gas up the van (since I filled up his car yesterday). He and the boys will work around the house and most likely spend time in the pool. I'll get home early enough to have a swim before dinner and will hopefully be cooled off enough to do a bit of yard work. It sounds like such a do-able thing: work in the yard, jump in the pool, repeat. But it's so incredibly HOT that it's harder than it sounds. Still, in the late(r) afternoon sun, I'll be able to get a couple things done. The pool deck and patio need a good hosing off and there are plenty of things to prune and weed.

More later.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...