Thursday, May 08, 2008

Filly

Another perspective from J.

It doesn't change my opinion. But it does offer a different view. Maybe they really do love to run. Maybe it's what they live for. I hope this author is right - and Eight Belles died doing what she loved.

But then I think 'but she wasn't doing that. She died after doing that. She died scared out of her mind, in massive, mind numbing pain, with people crowding all around her convincing her what she already knew - it was bad. It was very bad'. So she didn't die doing what she loved. She died after. And it is THOSE moments that bother me. The moments when the running stops because it has to. It's those moments that really trouble me. Those moments keep happening - and I just keep thinking 'why? Why?'

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/05/08/ED3J10IGD5.DTL

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...