Monday, March 24, 2008

18

On the way here, I listened to my iPod a bit on the plane. Came across a song that made me grin from ear to ear and I knew that this would be my anniversary post.

This song makes me think of J. and only J. That's the great thing about being married 'this long'- the history of the past is replaced by memories of the now and the person you are spending the rest of your life with until you have your own 'songs' that are just yours. This song does that to me. And when I listened to it on the plane, I felt so serenly happy.

BUY A DOG (Luce)

I had a dream, it was a good dream
you were there and so was I
we were so happy I did not want to open up my eyes
and we were driving down a road it was a long one
there were signs all over saying
the signs said "welcome to your life"
I looked over and you were smiling
you had a great big smile going you turned to me,
you turned and you said "all your life, all your life, I got your back"

so if you want to try we'll make it you and I
we'll never be alone we'll buy a dog and bring him home
he'll jump up on the bed we'll be the best of friends
I think that we should try I picture you and I...

I had another dream I know you think, "how convenient"
but I swear it's the truth we were there,
yeah, I was me and you were you,
we had a good long life on this planet
when we died we went to heaven,
saw that god was really Elvis!
anyway, our souls were in the right place
our souls were in the right place..

and we'll take him on walks with us everyday
underneath the summer sun)
he can ride in the back of our car when we go away
with his head outside of the window frame
and his tongue out (chorus)

it's a miracle that we're even here and alive
let's buy a dog and bring him home.


We have the dog AND two kids. And it's all a miracle.

Happy Anniversary, J. You are my love and best friend. Even when you play golf on our anniversary. :-) (it really is the only day that golf 'fit' into the schedule and he's deserving of a little time of his own for one of his favorite activites).

1 comment:

Jim said...

Thanks for being so gracious to let me play. It was a beautiful day.

Happy anniversary, dear!

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...