Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Movin'

J. is up and showered and piddling in the kitchen. He has that look - the one that says 'I'm living with a bunch of sloths'. Which is true. But it's only 8AM here and I've only been awake for just slightly over an hour. He wants to go, go, go. He offered breakfast at Burger King or McDonald's and we all vetoed that. Seems our days of fast food breakfasts being a key in getting the boys moving are also over, as are so many other things that were true with younger kids and not true with teens. Apparently, if a meal doesn't cost at least $50 on vacation, it's not worth eating. I kind of had a vague interest in going to Burger King if for no other reason than they will make all their breakfast sandwiches with SPAM - only in Hawaii. And I love SPAM, though I don't admit it publicly very often. But we'll skip fast food.

I've just munched some delicious fresh cut pineapple. And eaten dry Frosted Flakes. And will head to the shower shortly since J. appears to be growing impatient.

We vacation differently - he and I. He wants to have a 'plan' for each day and the plan always involves going somewhere and doing something. I just like to veg on vacation - having NO PLAN is my idea of the perfect day. So we try to balance the two styles - some days are veg days and some aren't. Today is a 'go and do' day. So I'd best get going and doing.

The boys are playing chess - and it's fun to observe them with each other. They are competitive but in a 'nice' way. They have a friendly wager going on - H. has bet $2 that he will beat B. at least once before vacation ends. B. was so confident that would not happen, he upped the wager to $5. H. said 'no' and kept it at $2. Not too confident, is he?

H. is begging me for the computer. Seems his My Space friends are 'online now' and he needs contact. His social life is pretty 'important'. Guess that's normal for a teen. We need to invest in another laptop someday since the one we have seems to not be enough during these 'high traffic' vacation days.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...