Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dinner

Dinner was great. Even the boys enjoyed it, which considering there was no 'pasta alfredo', or pizza or burgers on the menu, is an amazing thing.

The presentation was awesome and I wish I could have gotten pictures of the dishes. I had a watermelon salad - and I was expecting pieces of watermelon mixed with greens. But they cut the watermelon into triangles and then arranged them like a starfish on the plate, put an assortment of colorful greens and oranges and reds in the center, sprinkled with Gorgonzola cheese and a light dressing. It was beautiful and delicious. I ordered pork chops - they were at least an inch thick. They'd been 'carved' into a pineapple like shape with the bone at the top like the stem. And then expertly 'grilled' with a criss-cross pattern that also looked like a pineapple. Served with steamed baby bokchoy and garlic mashed potatoes. Delicious. J. had a seafood assortment. The boys had stuffed chicken breast which they carefully de-stuffed (mushrooms. Ugh to teen boys). For dessert, we ordered the Chocolate Molten Desire - a flour less chocolate tart baked in a ramekin, topped with vanilla bean ice cream and caramel and hot chocolate sauce. It was fantastic!

At sunset, everyone left their tables to go watch from the lawn. We stayed at our table mostly - and the waitress came over and said 'you're welcome to leave the table and go to the lawn'. We pointed to our condo window just next door and she laughed and said 'oh, I can see why you are OK with missing it'. We did meander over for a brief moment - it was beautiful.

J. bought me a flower lei from the lady as she walked by - so I can officially say I've been lei'd on my anniversary. It's beautiful and smells so incredibly great! I hope it lasts a day at least.

Tomorrow we are going to Poipu beach and also driving up north to Princeville. We are also going to a luau tomorrow evening.

We're already feeling the 'sadness' of realizing we'll be leaving in a few days. It's gone by so quickly. Vacations always do.

2 comments:

DLB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DLB said...

Happy Anniversary and I like the new blog format

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...