Thursday, January 31, 2008

Yeah

Here's a list of things that brightened my day:

1) People Magazine arrived a day early - a pleasant surprise, especially since I,
2) am off tomorrow!! and can read late into the night.
3) LOST is back tonight. Can't wait and don't have to worry about staying up too late 'cuz I'm off tomorrow! And Survivor is back next week and I'm planning to also take off next Friday, I hope.
4) I ordered Mountain Mike's pizza for delivery 'cuz it's raining (AGAIN) and I don't want to cook tonight 'cuz I'm off tomorrow and it feels more 'off' if I'm not cooking. And also, while I'm on the subject of Mt. Mike's - let me just say - we've ordered Dominoes for years on the theory that 'it's less expensive' and 'they deliver'. Well, for only a few dollars more, we get the most AMAZING pizza - their Snowy Alps makes me swoon. I can't describe how much I love that pizza. So now, when we splurge and order pizza (vs. baking frozen ones), it's Mt. Mike's. Why bother with the 'cheap stuff'? If Costco ever delivers, then I won't be able to rationalize the difference as easily - but they won't, so I don't have to worry about it. It is delectable goodness - and a pepperoni for the kids.
5) I got a HUGE project DONE today - something that has been looming over my head, waking me up at various times during the night to fret (more) about it. It is done...done, done, DONE. And as most projects are that you dread, it was easier than I thought. Turns out my first instinct way back when was right in terms of 'getting it done'. But I asked some questions of others that led me to think I had to use a different report - and every time I looked at that different report, I couldn't figure it out. Once I went back and ran the report I first thought to run, and used it, it was a snap. Data compiled, report drafted, email sent to the vendor that helps us with it and whew! one thing off the list. There are still more looming but I'll get to those. One thing at a time...no more today 'cuz I'm off tomorrow.
6) My desk had actual desk surface visible for the first time in a long time. Yes, there are piles of stuff on one side. And on my credenza behind me. But there is wood showing. That felt great!

Did I mention I'm taking a day off tomorrow? And my big 'event' for the day is going to the dentist. Yeah. Made that appointment before I knew I'd be off...so might as well get it done. And I might take myself to lunch or see if J. and I can go to lunch? We'll have to see.

Oh, and I have to add a footnote to yesterday's post re: dinner. My sweet, loving, wonderful husband said 'uh, honey, can you suggest a way I might inquire what's for dinner that won't make you nuts 'cuz I'm not asking to imply that it's your responsiblity or that I expect you to do it nor imply that I want no part of the dinner process'...and he's right. He cooks more than me, probably. He just doesn't plan what to cook. And I guess that's the thing. Sometimes, I just wish it wasn't me having to think about what to feed everyone. I just want dinner to magically appear. Which it does 'cuz as soon as I clue J. in on what's available, he'll fix it. And his inquiring is just that: an inquiry. To cook what I had in mind or make sure I don't have something in mind or know that there isn't anything around so he'll stop at the grocery. He's a gem...and I'm lucky to have him. So thanks, sweetie, for asking if there was a better way to ask. It's kind of like the movie You've Got Mail - there's only so many ways to say 'around the corner'. There's only so many ways to ask 'what's for dinner'.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...