Sunday, January 13, 2008

Accomplished

Today, I:

1) did four loads of laundry.
2) pulled some dead, water-logged plants out of the flower beds in the backyard.
3) cleaned the kitchen.
4) loaded, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher.
5) lemon-oiled the kitchen cabinets.
6) cleaned out the fridge a bit which resulted in clogging the garbage disposal.
So I unclogged it with the now weekly baking soda and vinegar method. Time
for a new garbage disposal, I think. It clogged with just two eggshells. That's
it. What's the point of having a disposer if you can't dispose of anything
without having to create a chemical reaction to get it cleared?
7) ran errands, including putting gas in J's car for him; Petsmart for pet supplies;
Target for household supplies and a stop at Starbucks for caffeine supplies.
8) played fetch with Chloe so many times, I can't estimate how many times I
threw the darn toy. I can; however, confirm it was a lot 'cuz it re-irritated the
bowling elbow I've had since the Wii bowling event of New Years eve.
9) watched a Netflix movie.
10) made a meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner and browned 4 pounds of
ground beef to bag and put in the freezer - while watching the Netflix movie.

It was a productive day and yet relaxing. Quiet. Just me and Chloe-bear keeping each other company. She's finally tuckered out and curled up on the floor behind me trying to stay warm. It's 48 degrees outside. COLD.

Things I did not do:

1) go into work. And I'm fine with that. I won't feel fine about it tomorrow AM as I prepare for the four hour meeting I have starting at 8:30 - but it felt great today and TODAY was the most important. It was NOW - and I need to not work so much - it's one of my resolutions.

I'm watching the Amazing Race with J. - I watched it when it was on earlier this evening but am happy to watch it again with him. After it's over, I'm heading up to bed. The kids are already getting ready for bed - at 8:30. They are very tired. The day was tons of fun, though sadly a friend who was with them (they went with a bunch of friends and J. and another set of parents, thank goodness) fell and likely broke his pelvis. Just like C. did this time last year. Bummer. They got him home to his parents and his symptoms were all too familiar - he was able to move (walk) but in a fair amount of pain. It happened on his last run of the day, which was good in that it didn't wreck the day. But it feels bad to know he's hurt. They really try too many things they shouldn't - but they're kids and you can't keep them from doing what they're going to do. I think having two friends who've been seriously hurt will make B. and H. think twice about trying a new trick, or a new jump. Or ANY trick or ANY jump. I hope.

Night for now. I'll try to post this week but can't promise. It's a very busy week ahead!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...