Thursday, January 17, 2008

Off

The class was cancelled. The person I contacted said 'I'm pretty sure we emailed and phoned'. I said 'well, I have no email and no voicemail message. So thank goodness I checked the website for directions or I would have driven to Sacto for nothing'. That would have been bad.

So, it's an unexpected day off. Which to Chloe means 'you're HERE; therefore, WE MUST PLAY'. And I'm like 'NO, I HAVE THINGS TO DO'. And she's like 'BUT YOU'RE HERE; WE MUST PLAY'. She brings in a variety of toys trying to entice me with their dog-toy goodness and sits at my feet with her beautiful brown eyes shining up at me, pleading. And the thing is: I am playing with her. As I can. But there is no rest with her. She is an all or nothing proposition. I am the 'player'. And she is the 'playee'. And she will not move on. Sometimes, she'll go curl up in her kennel in a sad, dejected sort of 'fine, then, see what you've done to me'. Bugger. Cute bugger, but she's making me crazy.

J. slept in a bit this morning 'cuz he's not feeling well. Yet, he ended up getting up an hour later and said 'I'm feeling better so I'm going in'. It might have been because I commented 'hmmm, well, I guess my unexpected day off ALONE isn't happening if you're working from home'. And he had a meeting he needed to keep anyway and said he felt better, so he headed in to SF. I'm bad, I know. But I just love being 'home alone' and it doesn't happen much these days.

I bought a Casting Crowns album on iTunes and just LOVE it. Every song is great! Don't you just love that - an album with no songs to 'skip' - it's terrific. I wanted to purchase all 3 albums but decided I'd try to do one a month over the next few months.

Enjoy the day and the weekend! I'll be piddling around the house! and trying to keep Chloe FROM piddling around the house.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...