Sunday, January 13, 2008

TLC

While watching TLC last night [think it was Flip that House], there was a promo ad on that Paige Davis is returning to Trading Spaces! I'm so excited! I love that show but when she left, it just lost it's 'zing' - and I'm so happy to hear they are bringing her back!

Only thing I wonder is: I did a Google search on her and saw that this was announced way back in November. How did I miss it? Maybe it just didn't get much buzz...but I hadn't heard a thing about it until the promo. I even rewound it (love being able to rewind TV) to be sure she wasn't coming back for a special or something. Cannot wait to see the new season!! Glad to have a reason to tune in 'cuz I haven't been watching that show much since she left. The hostess-less format didn't flow well and wasn't that fun too watch.

It's just after 7AM on Sunday morning. J. and the boys have been out the door for just over an hour. The sun is starting to come up. I wanted to go back to sleep but if I did, I would sleep until 9 or 10 and I don't want to do that. Have the dishwasher running and will start a load of laundry shortly. J. took Chloe out before he left so she's not frantic, but she's 'whining' slightly in her kennel since she saw me come into the study. I'll go get her shortly. Just need a few more minutes of quiet time to wake up before letting the taffy colored tornado out of her lair. She is still puppy-like in her zest and excitement for the new day dawning.

I have to admit that when we had Dani - the entire time we had Dani, really - we weren't really experiencing the true joy of dog ownership. Dani was wonderful and sweet and played the best she could with her limitations. But now that it's just Chloe, I realize how fun dogs are. She plays non-stop (which can be irritating when you've played 'fetch' with the same toy for what feels like hours and she acts like she's just getting started) and she is just so happy. Ears bouncing, prancing, turning around- when she's really excited, she does a 360 degree turn while prancing - she's just so much fun. And we never really had that with Dani, who had to be (necessarily) cautious and moved far more slowly. Chloe exhibits that wonderful 'dog excitement' that I've never really seen before now - even if you've only been out of her sight for a minute, she greets you as if you've been gone for years and she is just so happy and relieved that you're back - just pure doggy glee. It is incredibly cute and fun and warms my heart - even whilst she's being a major PITA. She's still a sweet, cute, charming PITA and we are all having a ball with her. She plays with the boys and cuddles with anyone who has an open lap. She is a family dog now, and it's really fun having her around.

J. caught me browsing on the Internet - was on another blog and there was a banner ad for a dachshund breeder in San Diego so I clicked on it and somehow, it was then that J. turned around to ask me something and noticed. He said 'what are you looking at?' with a slightly irritated but more bemused tone. I said 'just looking. I don't want another dog so don't worry'. But those puppies sure were cute. Chloe is it for us - our last dog. We want to head into retirement pet less - so we don't have the worry, expense, etc. of boarding pets or fining home sitters when we want to head to Paris for the weekend. Which we will, a lot, I'm sure (not). But we want to be able to.

And with that, I'll go get her up for the day and start a quiet Sunday home alone.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...