Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Shacking Up

I am pleased as punch to report that my sister is officially 'shacking up' with her boyfriend. I am just so happy for them both - and today, they became the proud owners of a motor home - a 26 footer! So they're living together in TWO homes - one on wheels and one in Phoenix. They are so happy and so in love and so right for each other. Honestly, he's just the sweetest person. I just love him to death and can't wait for J. and the kids to meet him. I told them they need to drive up here ASAP and we will do like all our neighbors do: run an extension cord across the front lawn to the outlet by the front door and they can have their space outside and join us here (and/or sleep here, too, if they want) for as long as they want.

When I think of them, I think how lucky they are - and how brave they are - to both be giving love a second chance at this 'stage' of their lives. They've both gone through such a painful journey of loss - of realizing that the marriages each had thought was forever, wasn't. And then, you factor in the odds of them ending up where they were [daring to want love and companionship again] at the same time and how they found each other [Yahoo Personals, you rock!] - is just so incredible to me. And having found each other, to say 'yes' again - yes to daring to let another person into your life. Yes to adjusting to each other and learning about each other. To reorganizing each other's lives to fit the other in. I'm just so proud of them both - and so grateful that my wonderful, sweet sister has someone in her life who makes her smile and laugh.

They are both so dear to me, I can't really put it into words. And I've seen the relationship grow from the very beginning. And like I did when I first saw my J., the minute I opened the door at K.'s house and welcomed this man to her 'divorce party', I knew. I just knew. I said at the time to him 'you're doomed'. And I was right. Love was there from the very beginning - and while they attempted to 'take it slow', it was anything but. It's been 6 months from that party to their moving in together. 'Slow' is not in their vocabulary.

And it's just the right speed for them.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...