Sunday, April 29, 2007

Witness

In previous posts, I have talked about how I am 'quietly faithful'. My faith is something very personal and not something I share with the world on a regular basis.

There is a change happening in my soul that is a surprise to me. And before I write this post, I want to reassure all who read this and know me: don't worry. I'm not going to show up on my bike with pamphlets and my Bible and try to 'convert' you. That's not me. Never has been, never will.

But more and more, lately, the change in my heart is happening slowly. My faith is starting to show - and I'm letting it. I listen to KLOVE (Christian) music in my car and in my office. When I drove for a meeting at our county office of education and for lunch, I didn't change the station. When co-workers asked 'is this a Christian station?', I said 'yes it is'. I didn't offer to switch and I let the music play. I listen to KLOVE online in my office all the time and I don't turn it down or off when people come in my office.

It's a small change, admittedly. It's not going to change any one's life, but then again, I don't know that. Maybe seeing me acknowledging my belief in Jesus and God will prompt someone else to acknowledge theirs?

Pastor K. calls our church 'Mission Central'. He wants us to spread The Word. There was a time in my life - not too long ago, actually - when this 'request' would be the thing that drove me from a church. Proselytizing is not something I'm comfortable with. But I feel my faith more deeply than ever before. I am learning so much about my faith - about God and Jesus. Things that you'd think as a life long Christian I would have gotten before. But I didn't. And now, I am.

J. played bass in church this morning and had a great time. He signed up for another Sunday in May and then he and B. will play in June. It was fun to sit a bit closer to the front of the church (so J. could sit with us when he wasn't playing) and we enjoyed the visiting pastor. Pastor K. was in Tahoe with the 8th grade confirmation class - including H. They returned around 3 this afternoon. H. said they had a great time though he isn't all that talkative about the weekend and apparently didn't get a lot of sleep. He will head to bed early this evening and try to 'catch up' a bit before Monday AM. His Confirmation is only a few weeks away, followed by his 8th grade graduation a few weeks after that. May will be a busy month.

B. and his friend C. played golf today - got a bit sunburned. It's nice to have two really nice young men (I almost typed 'boys' but they aren't boys anymore, really) decide to spend the afternoon together playing golf. They had a great time and I'm glad there's a course nearby that is very inexpensive. It will be the perfect course for me to learn on someday - it's about 15 minutes away and less than $20/round, including a cart.

That's it for now. Stay faithful and thankful for the blessings God gives us everyday.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...