Sunday, April 22, 2007

Mugs

No secret to anyone reading this blog that I enjoy Starbucks. I have 'changed' my preferences from the frothy, fat & sugar filled frappucinos or lattes to the more 'lean', less expensive black iced teas.

I do, however, own and love a selection of mugs that are from Starbucks - and particularly gravitate towards their 'Spring' selection - just in time for Mother's Day, they always have pretty, large floral pastel mugs that I just love. I get one or two every year and little by little, Starbucks mugs are replacing the variety assortment we have owned before. Souvenir items or mugs from former (or current) employers are being replaced with pretty Starbucks mugs. They make weekday mornings a treat - open the cupboard, select today's pretty mug and start the day with happy thoughts and lots of coffee and vanilla soy milk. Pretty mugs make me happy - a small thing but it makes my day 'better'.

Today, we had to take Chloe back to the groomer - we took both dogs yesterday where they spent the afternoon - but the 'new' groomer forgot to trim Chloe, so we had to take her back. It was an excuse for J. and I to spend some time - just the two of us. We went to Linens and Things to get a new bath mat and a new shower 'storage shelf'. We went to Starbucks and had some iced tea. I picked out a new pretty mug - SIXTEEN ounces!!! It's GREAT. We also went to the outlet mall and each got a couple new 'short sleeved' shirts. We hardly EVER get to shop alone. And sitting in Starbucks people watching for a bit was fun.

The return trip to the groomer was already paid for the day before. The return trip accouterments cost a bit more. But it was a nice afternoon with my best friend. Those don't happen too often lately. But they will in retirement and we're only eight years away!!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...