Friday, April 27, 2007

Popsicles

It's a beautiful Friday. It is HOT! YEAH. The pool cover that we put on three weeks ago to warm the pool up is doing it's job. It did it's job 3 weeks ago also, but then the weather turned freakishly cold again and we had to start 'over'. We never took the cover off - just let it sit. And now the pool is 78 degrees. The kids will definitely swim this weekend. I'll have to wait for it to hit 80 or 82 but if it stays this hot, I just might jump in.

I arrived home to see the ice cream man turning the corner towards our house. I just couldn't resist. I ran in and got H. - B. was at a drum line practice - and treated him and I (and J. and B.) to a treat from the van. Nothing like Popsicles from the ice cream man on the first really warm day in awhile - and it's a FRIDAY. Two glorious days of NO WORK. Except the tons of work I brought home - but hey, I'll do it at home!! Possibly by the pool, even. With a refreshing beverage and another Popsicle. So it won't even feel like work.

H. is on his Confirmation retreat in Tahoe until Sunday afternoon. He was less than thrilled about going but he went - it's not optional. So it's just me and B. and J. until Sunday afternoon.

I don't usually splurge on things from the IC man. I get after the kids for spending $ on a Popsicle when we could get an entire box for that amount. They always say 'it's our money' - which it is. But today, running into the house to get H. to come back out with me and help me flag the van down was just what I needed to start the weekend. We got a Bomb pop (for me and J.), a Snowy Peak (H.), and a banana fudge pop (B.). YUMMY.

We're off to a great start and I'm so looking forward to sleeping in, working around the house, time by the pool and hanging out with my family.

I hope it is as great of a weekend as it feels like this evening.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...