Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tweety-Like

My sweet husband went upstairs to get a sweatshirt for me to wear.  It's freezing cold...after a week of crazy weather, it feels like we will never be warm again.  Lots of rain, some wind.  It was the storm of the century though it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Lots of schools in the Bay Area closed but here in the Central Valley, we stayed open.  Unfortunately, parents decided to keep their kids home anyway (WHY?!) so now we research options to hopefully not lose a ton of money as a result of them deciding to take 'rain days'.  Totally unnecessary rain days.

The sweatshirt he chose is the bright yellow hoodie - so I put the hood up and pulled the cord and am sitting here like Tweety Bird (or maybe Big Bird minus the height) trying to stay warm.  Maybe we should splurge on some heat.  :-)

It's the weekend before the last week of school and then THE BREAK - which I put in all caps 'cuz that's how it feels this year.  So, so ready for a break.

I spent the week productively and filled my recycle bin three times with stuff that I'm culling out.  It's a long overdue massive cleaning out of files, etc. - and it feels so good to have the time to do that! And it's also so helpful to know that things that remain are things that need to be there.  Construction results in just so much stuff that accumulates - so it's great to have it organized and reduced a bit.

The upcoming week includes several night events - holiday gatherings and dinner with friends before the break.  It will go quickly.

B. will be home this coming Friday - can't wait to have him home for two weeks!

Errands to run, things to wrap, etc. will fill the weekend.  Looks like possibly more rain and that's fine. The errands can keep if needed and it will be a fun day/weekend of cocooning at home.  I ordered a variety of Keurig pods including some decaf herbal teas (for evening consumption), hot chocolate and hot cider!

Happy Sunday!  We're watching Hunt for Red October on casted Netflix (on J.'s computer but playing on the TV).  Slow, easy morning.  Heading out for errands soon.  J. will go with 'cuz shopping is easier with two.  Probably another stop at Starbucks - have two free drinks on my card and a coupon for another free drink.  Two extra stars for purchasing a treat today, too - so perhaps a Snowman cookie.

I am promising myself I will get to wrapping once we're home from errands.

It's so darn cold....I hate the thought of getting showered and dressed 'cuz I dread the freezing shivers that happen no matter how toasty warm the bathroom gets.

Sadly, we cancelled our pending Luna Encantada trip officially by requesting a refund of the 50% we left on deposit.  It was sad to do that - because it acknowledges we don't have plans to go there anytime soon.  Not this summer, at least.  But it's the thing to do.  The owner of the condo we rent was kind enough to refund the full amount - I think we cancelled with enough notice in the Spring that she had no problem renting the unit during the weeks we would have been there.  Still, I was expecting her to withhold one night as a cancellation fee so it was nice to see she didn't.

It makes me a little blue to acknowledge no beach in the near future but we will go again.  Just have to give ourselves a little time.  If we make the trip to Europe in March, that's a huge trip and should suffice for a couple years, at least - while we build up our savings again.

Once you get the travel bug, it sure is hard to get rid of it.

The movie is winding down.  I'd better get moving.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...