Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Please, No....

Sniffles which I hoped were due to the unbelievable winds we've had the past couple days are apparently rearing their head and proving what they are:  a cold or something.  I am freezing cold in a perfectly warm room and I want a nap so badly - but that will mean being in my bed likely freezing. Feverish?  Maybe.  Not sure.  But I am heading up to sleep for a bit.

Bless H.'s heart, he spent most of the night on the couch with Chloe-bear, tending her through the night.  I am reluctant to put her 'cone' on her when it's the most amateurish thing ever - the 'tie' is gauze strung through holes in the plastic.  Not only is it obviously uncomfortable (and I know all 'cones' are), it really seems risky to have a long, hanging bunch of gauze lurking about. Choking hazard, in my opinion.

We took Chloe to the vet this morning for a recheck 'cuz there is quite a bit of redness around her incision.  They said it's bruising - no fever.  She's been taking her meds like a champ and spending most of the time in her burrow sleeping away.

Jackson was loads of fun and while I didn't win anything significant to bring home, I did have a really fun long streak on a new machine.  Nice to play and enjoy it - with a group of really fun people also playing.  It was fun and I didn't get home until 9PM!  That's a late night for me!

J. has finished finalizing the trip reservations for the Rome trip which is in four short weeks!  Next, we plan Paris but need to wait a bit.

J. moved the rest of his 401K from his former employer into an IRA.  For three days, the funds were MIA - out of one account but not in the other account.  They finally arrived in the intended account via wire transfer.  Now, it apparently takes an act of congress to withdraw some.  We will figure that out in a few days.

Low key tonight.  Making pork loin, roasted potatoes, steamed veggies and fondue (appetizer) for dinner.  Opening up a nice bottle of wine.  Or two.  (Probably one if I'm not feeling great 'cuz I don't like to drink when I'm under the weather).

Nap time.  Head is muddled.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...