Monday, December 08, 2014

Monday, Monday

La la.  La la la la la....

I am sorry that song will now be in your head all day.  Or all night.

While it started off slowly, it picked up the pace (as did I) and we made it through a day of getting a lot of pending little things taken care of.  My assistant noticed the pace shortly after 10AM when her box kept filling up every hour or two with little things for her to do, too.  Felt good to see wood and to plow through things.

One of my strengths is that as I do one thing, it quickly leads me to think of others that need doing and one thing follows another and before I know it, what seemed to be a blase day turned into jam packed. Which is great 'cuz I'd rather be plenty busy than just hanging out.  And I accomplished a variety of things that needed doing; cleaned off a bunch of stuff that is done and over and strategized for 'what's next' after the little things are done and I still have all next week to fill before the break.

Thought the dishwasher was broken this morning but we think it was just a pan blocking the jets.

The wine last night felt like it would lead to stellar sleep but it didn't.  Something about wine winds me up, I guess?  'cuz the night was fitfully non-sleep filled.  Maybe it was my brain.

I had weird dreams that upset me - and then I dreamed about being upset.  Long night.

Tonight, I invented a new dish - a cream sauce and real pancetta (the pie place in Stockton has delicious diced pancetta which is really hard to find) made with the leftover wine and leftover heavy cream tossed with whole wheat spaghetti.  LOL - all that cream with whole wheat pasta.  I know.  Pointless.  But delicious.

So we're enjoying another bottle of wine this evening.  Practice makes perfect.  Only problem I see with this plan is the wine is about $12 a bottle - times 30 days in a month.  That's a healthy amount to budget for wine.  And we don't.  Maybe someday?  But now, no.  Feeding the 21 year old bottomless pit who lives with up eats up the wine budget.

J. will speak to the travel agent tomorrow and point out that moving our air reservations a couple days earlier saves $1800 in airfare....just letting him know that our dates are pretty flexible.  And it looks like we're going to add a day to ensure that J. and H. have enough time in Rome to enjoy the experience - vs. just racing from place to place to get it all in.  I want to be sure we allow time for H. to rest - he won't sleep on the plane (he says he won't, anyway) and I don't want him to start the trip exhausted.

It's only money.  We can't take it with us and we've saved most of our lives - so in 2015, we're cashing in some assets and not scrimping on this two week plus journey with our youngest son.

Nine days to go!  Let's do this thing!  I have so many things to do tomorrow, the day will fly by. Though board meeting days are long.  Always long.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...