Tuesday, December 16, 2014

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Two days down and three to go!  Been pretty busy and the days are moving pretty quickly, so it's officially on the downhill side towards the break.  The entire district feels like pins and needles...everyone just waiting...and waiting.  It's getting closer.

I was supposed to head to Brentwood this evening for dinner with a friend.  The day here was weather free - sunny and bright blue skies with some streaky, white clouds which only provided contrast to the deep blue of the sky.  Not a drop of rain in site.  At 4PM, I headed out to the restrooms before heading on my drive there and saw the huge, HUGE black clouds coming in from the west.  The next storm front was coming and it was as big as the forecasts had said it would be.  I quickly texted my friend (who had already been warned that if it started to rain, all bets were off 'cuz I'm not a fan of making this drive at night even without the pouring rain) and we rescheduled for lunch on Monday.  Margaritas at noon!  We're both on vacation from our 'school' jobs so it's totally do-able.

And it is POURING right now.  Really, really coming down hard.  Which is awesome!  We need it. It was the right call to not do dinner 'cuz driving home in this would be awful.

I'm adding rain boots to my shopping list this weekend.  I've never had any.  Do you buy them to fit over your shoes?  Or do you wear them and carry your regular shoes in a bag and change when you're not sloshing through puddles?  It's so wet that my regular flats (sturdy and comfy) feel risky 'cuz one wrong step into a puddle of any size and I may end up soaked.

Another dinner with other friends is scheduled for tomorrow.  Then getting through a couple meetings on Thursday.  Friday will be wrapping things up; setting out of office messages; and our work Christmas party.  I'm not particularly excited about having to go somewhere at the end of the longest week ever - I just want to go home - but oh well. I co-host with my boss and it's usually pretty fun. Once I get there...it will be fine.

I did manage to do some wrapping last night.  Small steps make me feel so accomplished...and then make me want to spend the next day at home piddling - and of course, I can't.

H. had his PET scan this morning.  He survived all day yesterday with only protein.  No carbs or sugar of any kind.  He drank unsweetened iced tea and water all day, too.  The scan was done and we didn't get any frantic call from the doctor, so that's good.  Now we wait one more week to find out how the scan looked.

The last episode of The Newsroom aired on Sunday.  So sad the show is over.  It was great television and we will sure miss it -


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...