Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Plastic is a No

Chloe had surgery yesterday to remove a piece of plastic from her stomach.  While there were other options (attempting to remove via scopes down her throat or through her intestines), the vet told J. 'if it were my dog, I would do surgery to ensure the obstruction can be removed'.  Not likely she would be able to pass it on her own.  Poor baby.

Poor savings account balance.  Yee gads.  The water heater was a shock...and now this. Grateful we can say 'yes' to the $3,000 bill.  But still reeling a bit.

J. and H. are headed over the hills to Livermore - attempting to be in line early enough to get one of 14 slots a day for passport renewal.  Without a passport, the Rome trip in February will not be happening.  H. was less than thrilled at the prospect of waiting in line for (possibly) hours but realizes it's a must do if the trip is in his future.

I am heading up to Jackson later this morning with my car loaded up with items to donate to the Hospice thrift store up there.  Just another place to donate.  We did some work in the kitchen cupboards last night, donating 20+ coffee mugs and other assorted items.  We made room for our 'tall' mugs on the shelf easiest to reach which is nice for mornings.

We will pick up Chloe later this afternoon and the week of torture for her will commence.  She will be wearing a 'cone' to prevent her from messing with her incision and the stitches will be there for seven to ten days.

I may be glad to be going back to work in less than a week.

New Years will be low key.  I think J. and I will break out a bottle of our favorite wine and I plan to make some appetizers for the evening.  I'm sure the kids will be out and about -

That's all the news here.  Time to shower and get dressed so I can continue working in the garage and loading up the car.  This will be my last hurrah trip to Jackson for awhile.  It's been fun but it's time to get back to normal - once in a blue moon normal.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...